It is my policy to keep children safe on outings whilst in my care.
Procedure (how we put the statement into practice)
- In order to do this we will ensure that the ratio of adults to children on any outing will never be less than
- Aged 0 - 2 years: 1 adult to 3 children
- Aged 2 - 3 years: 1 adult to 4 children
- Aged 4 - 8 years: 1 adult to 6 children
- Aged 9 - 12 years: 1 adult to 8 children
- We carry out a trial run and full risk assessment of the proposed outing.
- We obtain written parental permission for children to take part in regular, local outings whilst in my care and specific written permission for a longer outing.
- We take essential records and equipment for each child on outings as necessary, including contact telephone numbers for parents, a first-aid kit and a mobile telephone.
- We keep records of my own and any other vehicles in which children are transported, including insurance details and a list of named drivers, and we make these available to parents.
- We will ensure that we and any other driver transporting children in their own vehicle have adequate insurance cover and age appropriate car safety seats. This also applies to the use of mini cabs.
- We make parents aware of what we will do in the event of a lost child.
- This policy also links with my accident and emergency procedures.
If there is anything in this policy that you are unclear about or unhappy with, please email us or contact us
Contact us today! or register your child with us.